On Midsummer’s Eve 1930 Hilda Nilsson served her first café guests. The Alum quarry was already a popular place for people to go for excursions, particularly taking a stroll across the red hills, and passers-by often asked for some coffee in the cottages. Hilda Nilsson had a name in the area in the 1920’s for being a good cook and hired for events. When the weather did not allow for serving outdoors, she invited guests to her own home. And in this homely environment the café survived and lives on.
In the 50’s Hildas daughter Anna-Greta Carlsson came to run the café with her mother. In the 70’s Hildas grandchild Krister and his wife Mona took over the café. Today the café is run by Krister and Monas son Johan.